mail bomb

Ian Douglas ian at zti.co.za
Tue Apr 19 11:45:48 BST 2022

On Tuesday, 19 April 2022 02:30:51 SAST you wrote:

> One way to avoid the export/import issues is to not do it.  When I
> move to a new computer I usually do a complete copy of my home
> directory to the new machine.

I have basically done that.

Was a bit worried about getting all the hidden files.

Also, I have no idea how Akonadi works, so was trying to follow the Official
Way and do it via export - import. To make sure I get Akonadi's database.

I actually have mail in two separate folder hierarchies (not my doing) that I
need to merge, de-dup and then let Akonadi rescan. Kmail only shows stuff from
one of them at a time.

.local/share/.local-mail.directory/
.local/share/local-mail

Cheers, Ian