older version of kmail (Re: Akonadi with PostgreSQL 14)

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 16:32:23 GMT 2021

I just wanted to mention that I am using a (much) older version of kmail, the
one that comes with Debian Wheezy (kmail 1.13.7 (for KDE 4.8.4)).

AFAICT, it does not use Akonadi.  (In that version of kde there is a thing
that, iirc, indexes the content on your disk and then provides quick search
results -- I don't remember the name of that thing, and I disable it by
default).

I am very happy with that version of kmail (and kde), but I am still using
Debian Wheezy which is rather risky (because it is no longer supported by
Debian, specifically no security updates).

There is another (Linux) OS that I think is named Trinity (ahh, ok, yes it is
Trinity, and they label themselves a desktop environment, thus TDE as a 3
letter acronym).

TDE is (or started as) a fork of KDE 3.5.

When I setup my next email computer, I'm almost certain I will install TDE.

Others might wish to consider the same.