kmail problem

John White john at lawquest.com
Wed May 19 02:32:02 BST 2021

I have used kmail 5.9.3 (Pop3) on my Debian Buster system for years.  It is working well
on 3 of our computers, all of which use the same server. However kmail simply won't
work on one computer.  It first quit sending and now won't receive either.  As I can it uses
the server's webmail service just fine, those folks just tell me the problem is on my end.

The error generated when receiving is "unable to log onto server"  "authentication failed"

The error generated when sending is about the same "failed to transport message."

If there is anyone who could help guide me out of this horrible mess, I would be most
appreciative.  I would be happy to contact you off line if preferable.

As its her computer, and she relies heavily on kmail, my secretart went home rather than
just sit around waiting for her kmail to be fixed.

Thanks

John White