Kmail shows read email as unread

John White john at lawquest.com
Tue Mar 30 04:17:22 BST 2021

Thanks to wise counsel from this kdepim list, kmail 5.9.3 is up and running as POP3 on my
Debian 10 (KDE) system.

Prior to making the switch, Kmail would regularly and erroneously show as "unread" mail
that had been read a couple of weeks earlier.  That was maddening.

I reinstalled kmail on my new computer (everything same except new computer is faster)
and was most relieved that kmail was not showing "read" emails as "unread".  However,
now, about a week into my new computer, the problem has returned. Kmail properly
shows new mail as unread but far too often it also shows read email as unread.  The read
emails are almost always emails I read on one day a week or two ago.  For example, today
kmail showed about 8 emails which I had read on March 22, 2021 as unread.

Can anyone help me figure out how to keep kmail from showing emails read two or three
weeks ago as "unread"?

Thanks

John