migrating kmail to new computer

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Sun Mar 14 18:29:41 GMT 2021

On Sunday, 14 March 2021 15:51:03 GMT Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> In my practical experience – albeit years ago – exporting and importing
> never really worked reliable. And it was very slow.

I used to have that problem too, but recent versions have been much better.
I've also found it more reliable to extract the archive using Ark, then
importing as Kmail Maildirs and Folder Structure. Duplicates are weeded out
better that way. And I do find duplicates, even today. I suspect the handling
of HTTP messages, though evidence is scant.

This is just the messages; I haven't tried using the PIM data exporter.

Peter.