KMail: view unread messages only

Vojtěch Zeisek vojtech.zeisek at opensuse.org
Mon Jan 4 14:55:54 GMT 2021

Dne pondělí 4. ledna 2021 15:35:17 CET, Felix Höfling napsal(a):
> 1) How can I view only unread mail and act on it (e.g., delete it, or
> unread status, but without any action, such a filter is not accepted/not
> configurable. Searching for unread mail works, but I can't delete a message
> from this view. Further, the search seems to increadibly slow down the
> interface. While the search is active, retrieving a mail body from IMAP
> takes very long, > 15 sec until I gave up. The access becomes almost
> instantaneous again after removing the search view.

In that filtration line above list of messages on the left end there is icon
for filtration. Click there, check unread or whatever else, click back among
list of messages. This works perfectly for me. I have some performance
problems only with large IMAP folders (~15k messages).

> 3) How can I quickly show a single thread? Ideally, I right-click
> on a mail in flat view and get a view of the the isolated thread.

I'm not sure what exactly You mean. I use threaded view (IMHO the best among
mail clients), and this is all I need.

> I have several IMAP accounts, one huge one (~20k mails), and I will
> be looking forward to automatic archiving, which was missing in Opera.

Right-click to IMAP folder, select expiry, set rules for expiration. I have
bunch of expiration rules to keep my IMAP on certain size. ;-) E.g. move
messages older than X days into given local folder. Is this what You mean?

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
https://trapa.cz/

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu