missing 12GB of mail going back 2 decades after reboot

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu Dec 30 15:24:38 GMT 2021

On Thursday, December 30, 2021 6:44:48 AM EST Jörg Schaible wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday, 30. December 2021, 02:08:03 CET gene heskett wrote:
> > On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 7:39:33 PM EST Jörg Schaible wrote:
> > > Hi,
>
> [snip]
>
> > > I was also affected by the loss of my rules. Now I always export all
> > > rules to a local file after changes.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Jörg
> >
> > While that may be a workaround, why should we have to do a workaround?
> > It is a bug I expect to see fixed.
>
> Actually I gave up with this. So many things are quite obvious. With every
> new version I hope, that things are improved. Some were, some not and
> some new annoying stuff appears.
>
> Why do I still use KMail? I also tried other clients, but KMail is still
> the most convenient. Nevertheless I still mourn for Kontact/KMail 3, that
> simply worked. At least for the basic stuff.
>
> At least KMail 4 seems to lose for me no mails anymore. One improvement
> compared to the beginning...
>
> > Thanks Jörg, take care and stay well.
>
> Regards and same to you,
> Jörg

Unforch, this is kmail 5.15.3 (20.08.3)
I sorta fell in love with the forked version of 1.9 that came with TDE, lots
of bugs fixed, but so much has changed with bullseye that the buster version
will not install on bullseye. I'll likely convert back to that if it ever
gets fixed for bullseye. It Just Worked.

Take care, and stay well.

> .

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)