missing 12GB of mail going back 2 decades after reboot

Jörg Schaible joerg.schaible at gmx.de
Thu Dec 30 11:44:48 GMT 2021

Hi,

On Thursday, 30. December 2021, 02:08:03 CET gene heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 7:39:33 PM EST Jörg Schaible wrote:
> > Hi,

[snip]

> > I was also affected by the loss of my rules. Now I always export all rules
> > to a local file after changes.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jörg
>
> While that may be a workaround, why should we have to do a workaround? It is
> a bug I expect to see fixed.

Actually I gave up with this. So many things are quite obvious. With every new
version I hope, that things are improved. Some were, some not and some new
annoying stuff appears.

Why do I still use KMail? I also tried other clients, but KMail is still the
most convenient. Nevertheless I still mourn for Kontact/KMail 3, that simply
worked. At least for the basic stuff.

At least KMail 4 seems to lose for me no mails anymore. One improvement
compared to the beginning...

> Thanks Jörg, take care and stay well.

Regards and same to you,
Jörg