now I really broke it. FIXED

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Dec 7 20:43:58 GMT 2021

On Tue, 7 Dec, 2021 at 12:45 PM, Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk> wrote:

To: kdepim-users at kde.org
tirsdag den 7. december 2021 15.56.37<http://15.56.37> CET skrev Gene Heskett:
> On Tue, 7 Dec, 2021 at 4:32 AM, Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk<mailto:anders at alweb.dk>> wrote:
>

> To: kdepim-users at kde.org<mailto:kdepim-users at kde.org>
>
> tirsdag den 7. december 2021 02.42.29<http://02.42.29><http://02.42.29<http://02.42.29>> CET skrev Gene
Heskett:
> > On Mon, 6 Dec, 2021 at 8:39 PM, me
> > <gheskett at shentel.net<mailto:gheskett at shentel.net><mailto:gheskett at shentel.net<mailto:gheskett at shentel.net>>> wrote: Somehow I have
> > managed to turn off the menu-bar. A reinstall did not restore it.
> >

> > How can I restore it?
>
> Press Ctrl + M
>

> Thanks.
>

> That worked, but did anybody stop to think when that was written that
> it was a one way operation? W/o the menu-bar. you have no way to read
> the docs to find out how to restore it.  The ability to remove it should be
> expunged. Or a toolbar recover-menu  should be written in.

It's a standard shortcut in KDE, supported by many apps (it's part of the
standard view menu I believe). It is in the system settings under keyboard
shorcuts - common. Little does that help of course, if one does not know. Go
to bugs.kde.org<http://bugs.kde.org> to suggest some sort of helping action.

And Gene, please stick to replying to the mailing list - we all get the mails
sent to it, so no need for extra copies :)

That comes at no extra charge when one is forced to use FF for web mail.
It might take another 2 or 3 decades for FF to get it somewhere near right,
but that's a word not in their vocabulary IMNSHO.

They make it a PITA just to edit the To: line.  Ditto anything that looks like
quoting. A reply goes to you as PM, with the list as a Cc: if you reply all.

 Thank you Anders

--

Kindly,
Anders