now I really broke it. FIXED

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Tue Dec 7 17:45:18 GMT 2021

tirsdag den 7. december 2021 15.56.37 CET skrev Gene Heskett:
> On Tue, 7 Dec, 2021 at 4:32 AM, Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk> wrote:
>

> To: kdepim-users at kde.org
>
> tirsdag den 7. december 2021 02.42.29<http://02.42.29> CET skrev Gene
Heskett:
> > On Mon, 6 Dec, 2021 at 8:39 PM, me
> > <gheskett at shentel.net<mailto:gheskett at shentel.net>> wrote: Somehow I have
> > managed to turn off the menu-bar. A reinstall did not restore it.
> >

> > How can I restore it?
>
> Press Ctrl + M
>

> Thanks.
>

> That worked, but did anybody stop to think when that was written that
> it was a one way operation? W/o the menu-bar. you have no way to read
> the docs to find out how to restore it.  The ability to remove it should be
> expunged. Or a toolbar recover-menu  should be written in.

It's a standard shortcut in KDE, supported by many apps (it's part of the
standard view menu I believe). It is in the system settings under keyboard
shorcuts - common. Little does that help of course, if one does not know. Go
to bugs.kde.org to suggest some sort of helping action.

And Gene, please stick to replying to the mailing list - we all get the mails
sent to it, so no need for extra copies :)

--

Kindly,
Anders