Akonadi server won't start

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Aug 19 12:21:03 BST 2021

On Donnerstag, 19. August 2021 01:35:05 CEST David Jarvie wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 August 2021 20:26:00 BST Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > WARNING: Switching the database will make Akonadi forget more or less
> > everything. Make a backup before proceeding. If you have lots of filters
> > configured, then export them before the switch. If you have mail stored in
> > local folders, i.e. if you are not using IMAP exclusively, then you might
> > also want to export those folders. Akonadi may not have written all local
> > mail to local files so that some of those mails may only be stored in the
> > database.
>
> I've already encountered the issue which you describe, i.e. that after
> moving mails from IMAP into local folders, no file is created in the
> directory for that folder. I've tried copying instead of moving, but that
> doesn't work either (unlike in older KDE PIM software).

Did you try copying single emails? This has always worked for me. IIRC, then
moving individual emails and copying multiple emails also worked. Only moving
multiple emails with a single operation didn't result in files written to disk
in some older version of KMail. Dan fixed this problem quite some time ago.
All of my observations apply to maildir folders in my Local Folders.

Which version are you using?