Akonadi server won't start

Jan Neuhäußer j.neuhaeusser at freenet.de
Tue Aug 17 17:47:22 BST 2021

Am Dienstag, 17. August 2021, 18:27:27 CEST schrieb Thomas Tanghus:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. It seems I have mariadb installed, but how do
> I check whether akonadi uses it? And switch packages?
>
> /Thomas

Hi Thomas,

there is no need to configure akonadi to use mariadb instead of mysql, applications or db-clients call both the same way. When mariadb is installed, softlinks will be set, so the applications "think" they are using mysql, but in reality it is mariadb.

The problem I had, was a version problem: akonadi cannot be run with mysql 8.x, one has to use mariadb instead (I do not know more details about the difference of these versions).

If you have mariadb installed, you have a different problem. You may check running "aptitude search mysql" resp. "aptitude search mariadb".

By "switch packages" I mean running aptitude and uninstall mysql and install mariadb instead.

Jan