KMail filters: some filters do not activate shortcut

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Sep 12 22:17:21 BST 2020

On Dienstag, 8. September 2020 13:15:56 CEST Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> I have some manual filters in KMail. I have assigned all of them shortcuts
> to easily invoke them when one or more messages is selected. For some
> filters, the shortcut is not activated in the sense that it doesn't work
> when pressed and also that it is not listed in the context menu next to the
> filter name. This is independent of the actual shortcut.
>
> Has anyone encountered this as well?

Do those shortcuts probably conflict with other shortcuts? If guess not since
you wrote that it's independent of the actual shortcut. But, did you try to
use a shortcut that works for one of the filters for one of the other filters
that make problems?

Can you spot any pattern concerning the problematic filters, e.g. are they
also used for automatic filtering?