Item "255451" in collection "108" has no RID.

test test at adminart.net
Tue May 26 18:45:25 BST 2020

On Sat, 2020-05-23 at 14:15 +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> test - 23.05.20, 13:16:55 CEST:
> > On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 5:27:24 PM CEST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > > Dear Werner, dear community,
> > >
> > > Werner Joss - 20.05.20, 17:08:46 CEST:

> > > I think Sink has potential. But at the moment it does not even come
> > > close to feature parity with Akonadi. Does it need all its features?
> > > Very likely not. However… as I am still using POP3 and also if I
> > > switch to IMAP would prefer to move older mails to local storage
> > > instead of having years of mail history sit on my server, it
> > > currently is no option for me.
> >
> > What's bad about having the messages on your server?  If you use
> > cyrus, it's at least as reliable as maildir.
>
> It needs more storage there.

How is that?  Can kmail store emails compressed like gnus can?

You could use a file system that supports compression for the mail storage
of the server.

> If someone at some point would manage to break in it reveals years of
> mail communication.
>
> I secured my server quite a bit, but there is no 100% guarantee.
> Granted, there is no guarantee for my laptop either, but I think it may
> be more secured cause it has almost no services it offers.

You could make it so that the mail storage is available only on your LAN;
if you need to access it from the outside, you can use a VPN.  Keeping it
on the server may be more secure than on a client where you may be running
all kinds of software that has unlimited access to your home directory and
thus your mail storage.

With a laptop, storage space is usually rather limited, and it might not be
possible to use any kind of RAID.

In any case, IMAP has one really huge advantage: You no longer depend on a
particular MUA.  To me, it has become a critical advantage.

As to kmail, I ended up switching to evolution (ugh) after kmail hung up
when I tried to print a simple, short, plain text email.  It just wouldn't
show the printers.  I even tried Gnome instead of KDE, and though it was a
good learning experience, I still don't and probably never will like Gnome
because it's so much dumbed down that it makes you stupid and you can't
really do anything.

I'll see how evolutions works out ...  So far, it didn't crash yet like it
used to all the time a couple years ago.  But kmail looks much better.

And I deleted the akonadi packages.