Item "255451" in collection "108" has no RID.

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat May 23 13:15:13 BST 2020

test - 23.05.20, 13:16:55 CEST:
> On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 5:27:24 PM CEST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Dear Werner, dear community,
> >
> > Werner Joss - 20.05.20, 17:08:46 CEST:

> > > Yes, the style is more like mobile, that's true.
> > > Speed was ok for my use case.
> > > I'm currently still on kmail (5.14.1) which works quite ok here,
> > > with
> > > some glitches. I'll keep an eye on kube, though...
> >
> > I think Sink has potential. But at the moment it does not even come
> > close to feature parity with Akonadi. Does it need all its features?
> > Very likely not. However… as I am still using POP3 and also if I
> > switch to IMAP would prefer to move older mails to local storage
> > instead of having years of mail history sit on my server, it
> > currently is no option for me.
>
> What's bad about having the messages on your server?  If you use
> cyrus, it's at least as reliable as maildir.

It needs more storage there.

If someone at some point would manage to break in it reveals years of
mail communication.

I secured my server quite a bit, but there is no 100% guarantee.
Granted, there is no guarantee for my laptop either, but I think it may
be more secured cause it has almost no services it offers.

Ciao,
--
Martin