Still performance issues, this time: Shrinking a folder with archivemail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Mar 24 18:54:29 GMT 2020

On Dienstag, 24. März 2020 17:28:23 CET Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> I got all 4 cores of a Sandybridge dual core CPU clogged with PostgreSQL
> processes + akonadi_indexing_agent since more than half an hour. Well
> plus one pxz process to recompress the archivemail archive as xz.

I kill the akonadi_indexing_agent (3 times to make Akonadi stop restarting it)
each time I start Akonadi because it uses too much memory (probably when
indexing a large mbox or maildir folder) and regularly killed my 10+ year old
system with just 4 GiB RAM. It runs fine on my equally old notebook (also 4
GiB of RAM), but there I don't have my large maildir/mbox archive.

Maybe killing the indexing agent would also have helped in your case.