"Only quote selected text when replying" feature not working in Kmail

Ian Douglas ian at zti.co.za
Thu Jun 25 08:18:36 BST 2020

On Monday, 22 June 2020 21:51:39 SAST Matt Connell wrote:

> When I enable the "only quote selected text when replying" feature under
> Configure -> Composer -> General, the reply behavior doesn't seem to
> change.  That is to say, if I try to select a line of text, and reply
> (as one would do with a mailing list, for example), the reply window
> quotes the entire message instead.  I've tried unchecking and rechecking
> the box, with an 'apply' in after each change, to no avail.
>
> Is this a bug?  How can I troubleshoot/fix this?
>
> Kmail Version 5.13.3 (19.12.3) (according to the about panel) on Gentoo
> Linux, with OpenRC profile selected.

I also reported this a few weeks back (it always worked before, since
forever).

The suggestion was that it is something Gentoo-related (I'm also on Gentoo).
So we have to wait till "whatever is broken" is fixed.

My system is updated regularly, except for readline, for which I need to first
redo an entire system to migrate it from php 5 to php 7 ...

Cheers, Ian

--
ian at zti.co.za http://www.zti.co.za
Zero 2 Infinity - The net.works