"Only quote selected text when replying" feature not working in Kmail

Matt Connell matt at connell.tech
Mon Jun 22 20:51:39 BST 2020

(Redirecting here, as suggested by the base KDE list, so apologies if
you're reading this twice.)

When I enable the "only quote selected text when replying" feature under
Configure -> Composer -> General, the reply behavior doesn't seem to
change.  That is to say, if I try to select a line of text, and reply
(as one would do with a mailing list, for example), the reply window
quotes the entire message instead.  I've tried unchecking and rechecking
the box, with an 'apply' in after each change, to no avail.

Is this a bug?  How can I troubleshoot/fix this?

Kmail Version 5.13.3 (19.12.3) (according to the about panel) on Gentoo
Linux, with OpenRC profile selected.

--
MC