Real name policy? [was: kmail has messed up the email accounts]

Erik Quaeghebeur kdepim-users at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Mon Jun 1 21:13:56 BST 2020

Dear Werner, test at adminart.net, list,

On Mon, 2020-06-01 at 16:37 +0200, Werner Joss wrote:
>>> [consider using your real name, because…]

I do not think there is a real-name policy on the kde lists. In case there
is, it should be described somewhere (I did not find it) and can be
enforced by the list maintainers.

I personally feel that the standards about how we ask and respond to posts
are what counts. It should not matter if this is done anonymously,
pseudonymously, or with real names.

Am Montag, 1. Juni 2020, 21:02:37 CEST schrieben test at adminart.net:
>> [I prefer not to, because of privacy reasons…]

test at dminart.net: I think you should not even need to justify yourself.

(Totally off-topic: IMHO, you could be a bit more forgiving and considerate
about kmail's design choices: what you see as deficiencies usually have
valid underlying reasons. You come across as having formed an opinion
without having considered those reasons.)

On maandag 1 juni 2020 21:22:14 CEST, Werner Joss wrote:
> [I do not agree with your argumentation]
>
>> […]
>> Somehow, adjusting the netiquette was forgotten, and now, who even remembers what a netiquette is.
>
> This last half sentence applies for you, granted :)

Werner: I think that last remark was not appropriate: test at dminart.net has
responded to your mail with an argumentation that shows they have thought
about it and made a (valid, I would say) personal choice. I personally feel
netiquette is not about being open about who we ‘really’ are, but how we
behave in conversation.

Cheers,

Erik