kmail has messed up the email accounts

Ian Douglas ian at zti.co.za
Mon Jun 1 12:55:38 BST 2020

On Monday, 01 June 2020 13:11:29 SAST test wrote:

> How would that make sense?  Are you trying to trick recipients into
> thinking you're someone else?  Is that why trying to create a false
> impression of security is the default in kmail?

I have multiple domains and multiple email accounts, sometimes more than one
per domain. This is so I can keep stuff from different sites separate, and
separate personal and business.

I think the concept of identities is brilliant. When you understand how to use
them properly, you may agree :-)

For example, some people may use the same email address for work and business.
But when replying to business emails, they need formal add-ons like
disclaimers, titles, contact, etc, which are not necessary when replying to
their wife. So you have two identities, with different settings, then filter
mail from wife to particular folder, and set kmail to use private identity on
that folder ...

But I also think the whole "set up accounts" dialogues need a rethink. I've
been using kmail for years and still have to fiddle around in different places
to get things to work properly when adding a new account.

Cheers, Ian

--
ian at zti.co.za http://www.zti.co.za
Zero 2 Infinity - The net.works