Empty Email

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sat Dec 26 23:06:46 GMT 2020

On Donnerstag, 17. Dezember 2020 11:38:43 CET Henk van Velden wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 December 2020 10:24:14 CET Ianseeks wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I occasionally get an email that is completely empty and no sender, no From,
> > no Subject, no message, no Date (but is shown in the list as dated January
> > 1970).
> >
> > Does this happen to anyone else?
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Ian
> I assume that the timestamp of the mail is 0. That is the Epoch: 1970-01-01
> 00:00:00

it's akonadi having messed up again. I have also such an email in my inbox.
kmail shows 54 Bytes in the size column. In akonadiconsole I find this item
in the DB and it has a remoteId, which I find as file in my local maildir inbox folder
but on disk the file has really only 1 Byte (0x0A)

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Frühstück, Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at