[KDE-pim] New Install: AKONADI wit PostgreSQL

Hessler, Klaus-Michael mailinglisten at kmHessler.de
Tue Dec 22 16:28:36 GMT 2020

Hello,

actually I'm preparing my new system running MANJARO-KDE; the system is
fresh, nothing from AKONADI, KDE-PIM or PostgreSQL is installed so far.

I'm using PostgreSQL for several databases so I'll install it anyway. I
remember several discussions here, that PostgreSQL might be a better
choice than MariaDB for AKONADI. Personally I'd prefer to have only one
database system (PostgreSQL) running.

I'd appreciate any advice and link for an instruction, how to set it up
correctly. What has to be considered to use PostgreSQL for my personal
databases and AKONADI, as well; f.e. an additional scheme for AKONADI?

Thanks, Michael