Where do I set the "global default" for composing mails in HTML or plaintext?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 09:04:50 BST 2020

On Sunday April 26 2020 09:41:59 Mathias Homann wrote:

Hi,

>how/where do I set kmail to compose new mails in plaintext by default?

I don't think you can. My version simply remembers the format you used last. A bit annoying at times because I'm not certain if you need to send the message to toggle the remembered setting, and I don't think you can suppress the warning about how you'll lose formatting if you turn off "Rich Text".

FWIW, "Rich Text" is an unhappy, confusing choice of words. I think most of us are aware that we send HTML in that case, but everyone who is and also uses Macs (or certain MSWin MUAs) must be aware that mail can also be sent as RTF, i.e. Rich Text Format.

R.