Adding headers via filters

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Sep 16 21:07:12 BST 2019

On Montag, 16. September 2019 10:21:15 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a couple of filters that add a header line to treated messages. That
> doesn't work reliably, I have a vague impression that KMail has to be idle
> otherwise for this feature to work (= applying the filter manually and
> waiting for it to complete). It could also have to to with the header
> caching in the akonadi db.
>
> I observe this with 4.13 and 4.14, has this improved in more recent
> releases?

I don't think so. I have a manual filter which removes the "SPAM" indicator
from the Subject header of messages I don't consider SPAM. Another manual
filter removes certain headers. Unfortunately, KMail doesn't take notice of
those changes, e.g. it still shows "SPAM" in the Subject.

I'm pretty sure that it's caused by caching or, more precisely, by missing
cache invalidation.