MSWin Kontact suite

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Tue Sep 10 22:30:03 BST 2019

On Sunday, 1 September 2019 10:12:36 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The project website suggests that some people "are currently working to
> bring Kontact to [MS] Windows". Is that accurate and is progress being
> made?

In theory the whole stack should compile on Windows and at least Akonadi is
known to work as expected. However I don't know what's the state of the "top"
layer (KMail, etc.). A lot of testing needs to happen, which I do not have the
time or patience to do right now.

For official Kontact for Windows to be a thing, we would need someone willing to
test and use it regularly and take care of the port (providing Windows-specific
insight to Linux developers, create an installer, etc.).

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683