All local folders lost in KMail

Ian Douglas ian at zti.co.za
Mon Oct 28 07:37:19 GMT 2019

On Wednesday, 07 August 2019 11:56:29 SAST Peter Humphrey wrote:

> This morning I came back to the machine, which runs 24/7, and started KMail
> to find that every one of my local folders had vanished, leaving 11
> messages in the IMAP in-box.

For what it's worth, I've had similar issues in the past. The messages were
not gone, just in different folders.

I've had this twice, back in 2013 I think they all ended up in a hidden lost-
and-found folder under akonadi, and in the second case akonadi decided it
didn't like my existing folder structure and created a new one, using numbered
folders.

So now I have old and current mails in three places, which makes finding old
messages a bit tricky.

I know the PIM devs have a lot on their plate, but these sort of things should
NOT happen. It seems like trying to cater for world and dog using IMAP means
that those of us who refuse IMAP and use POP sometimes pick up problems. Well,
that's how it seems.

Also running Gentoo. Mail goes back possibly 20 years or more... can't
remember if I managed to import PMail/2 into KMail in 2005.

Cheers, Ian

--
ian at zti.co.za http://www.zti.co.za
Zero 2 Infinity - The net.works