Folder Properties/Expiry - is this deemed working?

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 24 13:05:32 BST 2019

On Thursday, 24 October 2019 13:01:32 BST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Thursday October 24 2019 12:46:14 Ianseeks wrote:
>
> >I've got a "misc" folder in "Local Folders" than contains a lot of emails over the years so rather than delete the old ones manually, i decided to try the "Expiry" option on the folder properties.
>
> FWIW, it's been working perfectly for me in 4.13 and 4.14 . The possibility to delete mail that's still unread after a given time (in mailing list folders) is one of the few reasons why I'm still using KMail...
>
> R.

I've not ever stopped using it.  :)

i've just got "Expire" to work fine twice on this userid. I went to the other userid and it failed a second time with similar results. So maybe its just failing on a userid that has been continuously upgraded over the years especially from mysql to postgres.
This userid normally gets recreated from scratch if there is a problem as its disposable so the email data is "fresh".

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20191018
Qt: 5.13.1 KDE Frameworks: 5.63.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.17.0 - kwin 5.17.0