mbox to store emails

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue May 28 08:22:21 BST 2019

rhkramer at gmail.com - 28.05.19, 02:17:
> On Monday, May 27, 2019 05:44:05 PM Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > rhkramer at gmail.com - 27.05.19, 22:26:

> > > I read, and now have re-read the other thread -- iiuc, that refers
> > > using an mbox file as a source for emails, not to create folders
> > > (separate mbox files) for storage of emails -- did I
> > > misunderstand.
> > >
> > > (Further, iirc, I tried to setup the mixedmaildir as a new account
> > > and I could not (but, the means to set it up (using Settings /
> > > Setup KMail / Accounts (or something close to that) is what leads
> > > me to believe it is a source for email, not a place to store
> > > email.>
> > Mixedmaildir is a resource to store mails.
> >
> > And it can be created from KMail / Settings / Accounts / Retrieval
> > (roughly translated from German) in KMail from KDEPIM 18.08.
>
> Kmail 4.14.1 seems to have the same option, that is, I can go to KMail
> / Settings / Accounts / Retrieval and choose MBox file as the option,
> which is described as: "Loads data from a local mbox file."

Again: Not MBox. "KMail folder" or something like that.

MBox just accesses a single *mbox* file. KMail folder is the old mix of
maildir and mbox folder where you get the choice on creating a folder.

Except for providing screenshots (from a newer KMail version) I really
do not know what else to tell you to make you find that.

Really, I feel I told everything I could. And this starts to take quite
some of my time. So really please look more accurately for the necessary
resource type.

And of course for mails to be in a newly created mbox folder you need to
move some of the mails there.

I believe that with mixed maildir folders you could even "mv" mbox files
to the right location and let Akonadi scan them.

Thanks,
--
Martin