reply-to

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Mar 27 21:57:04 GMT 2019

On Mittwoch, 27. März 2019 11:35:55 CET Ian Douglas wrote:
> On Monday, 25 March 2019 22:57:33 SAST Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > > and now when I compose a new message or forward, the
> > > first "Address field" is "reply-to".
>
> (further to previous reply which is awaiting moderation)
>
> If you start typing in the "reply to" field, then realise you don't want to
> be there, and backspace, then pressing tab does not take you to the next
> field, but produces a drop-down list instead.

It didn't here, but I probably did something differently.

> You need to press Esc and then Tab to go to the next field.
>
> This is probably a "feature" not a bug, but it's an excessively annoying
> feature. The "reply to" field should not be there... or at least be
> hideable.

I found out how to get rid of it. Apparently, it is shown if you have
specified a Reply-to address for your identity. In your case it does not
really seem to be necessary because your Reply-to address is identical to your
From address. So, unless you see a need for explicitly specifying the Reply-to
address in your identity, I'd clear the Reply-to address in your identity
(under Advanced).

Since Reply-to is implemented as alternative to To, CC, BCC (which I find
weird) it's probably not easy to add support for hiding it. But you could
still submit a "bug" for it.