reply-to

Ian Douglas ian at zti.co.za
Wed Mar 27 09:58:49 GMT 2019

hi

On Monday, 25 March 2019 22:57:33 SAST Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> On Montag, 25. März 2019 08:38:29 CET Ian Douglas wrote:
> > I updated Kmail (etc)
>
> To which version?

Sorry realised after I sent the message I should have included that info.

Version 5.10.3 according to Help->About

Using Gentoo.

[I] kde-apps/kmail
     Available versions:  (5) 18.12.3^t
       {debug +handbook test}
     Installed versions:  18.12.3(5)^t(18:29:35 24/03/2019)(handbook -debug -
test)
     Homepage:            https://www.kde.org/applications/internet/kmail/

> > and now when I compose a new message or forward, the
> > first "Address field" is "reply-to".
>
> I'm not sure whether I understand what you are seeing. Can you provide a
> screenshot?

Attached.
Ever since I started using Kmail in 2005, the second line of the compose
window was "To:". And finger memory now makes me start typing over that
"Reply-to:" at which point I start swearing...

> > Can't find option to switch it off and to default to sender address.
>
> Did you check the View menu?

Attached.

Thanks, Ian

--