[Kde-pim] KDE-PIM issue after upgrading to MariaDB

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat Mar 2 08:47:21 GMT 2019

Hessler, Klaus-Michael - 02.03.19, 09:20:
> Thanks a lot,
>
> > Hey,

> > you have relogin after starting with a new database? Just to make
> > sure, that we are not hunting a temporally issue.
> >
> > For me this looks like you somehow removed the  kdepim-runtime
> > package the most Akonadi Agents are located. Normally akonadictl
> > status should give you a long list of agents: $ akonadictl status
> > Akonadi Control: running
> > Akonadi Server: running
> > Akonadi Server Search Support: available (Remote Search, Akonadi
> > Search Plugin) Available Agent Types: akonadi_akonotes_resource,
> > akonadi_archivemail_agent, akonadi_birthdays_resource,
[…]
> Obviously it was a temporary effect; I have done what was described in
> my original post plus an apt-get install -f after that. No Success:
> For three days kAlarm and KOrganizer (the only PIM-packages I'm using
> actually) have been claiming about the agents. All time, MariaDB was
> up and running fine, AkonadiStatus was running and the machine has
> been rebooted several times.
>
> Last night, after another rebooting, the effect was gone. kAlarm and
> KOrganizer are working again.
> I'll keep your above list for any issue that may come up again. I had
> an issue few years ago after moving the mySQL datadirectry from
> /var/lib/mysql to another drive and I had to modify
> /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld as decribed here
> <https://opensourcegenie.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/apparmor-permission-> issue-with-mysql-on-ubuntu/> or there
> <https://www.techgrube.de/tutorials/datenverzeichnis-fur-mysql-datenba
> nken-verschieben>. Now with MariaDB, having the data not in
> /var/lib/mysql, something similar obviously no longer needed?

Michael, there has been something Apparmor related, but with MySQL
instead of MariaDB. I do not recall the details at the moment, Sandro
will know, and I believe there is a bug in Debian bugtracker somewhere.

All of this has been discussed on debian-kde mailing list.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/

Thanks,
--
Martin