[Kde-pim] KDE-PIM issue after upgrading to MariaDB

Hessler, Klaus-Michael mailinglisten at kmHessler.de
Sat Mar 2 08:20:33 GMT 2019

Thanks a lot,
> Hey,
>
>>> $ kalarm
>>> org.kde.pim.kidentitymanagement: IdentityManager: There was no default
>>> identity. Marking first one as default.
>>> The kAlarm GUI window is claiming about "No Akonadi Agents available,
>>> check KDE-PIM-Installation".
> you have relogin after starting with a new database? Just to make sure, that we are not hunting a temporally issue.
>
> For me this looks like you somehow removed the  kdepim-runtime package the most Akonadi Agents are located. Normally akonadictl status should give you a long list of agents:
> $ akonadictl status
> Akonadi Control: running
> Akonadi Server: running
> Akonadi Server Search Support: available (Remote Search, Akonadi Search Plugin)
> Available Agent Types: akonadi_akonotes_resource, akonadi_archivemail_agent, akonadi_birthdays_resource, akonadi_contacts_resource, akonadi_davgroupware_resource, akonadi_ews_resource, akonadi_ewsmta_resource, akonadi_facebook_resource, akonadi_followupreminder_agent, akonadi_googlecalendar_resource, akonadi_googlecontacts_resource, akonadi_ical_resource, akonadi_icaldir_resource, akonadi_imap_resource, akonadi_indexing_agent, akonadi_invitations_agent, akonadi_kalarm_dir_resource, akonadi_kalarm_resource, akonadi_kolab_resource, akonadi_maildir_resource, akonadi_maildispatcher_agent, akonadi_mailfilter_agent, akonadi_mbox_resource, akonadi_migration_agent, akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource, akonadi_newmailnotifier_agent, akonadi_notes_agent, akonadi_notes_resource, akonadi_openxchange_resource, akonadi_pop3_resource, akonadi_sendlater_agent, akonadi_tomboynotes_resource, akonadi_vcard_resource, akonadi_vcarddir_resource
Obviously it was a temporary effect; I have done what was described in
my original post plus an apt-get install -f after that. No Success: For
three days kAlarm and KOrganizer (the only PIM-packages I'm using
actually) have been claiming about the agents. All time, MariaDB was up
and running fine, AkonadiStatus was running and the machine has been
rebooted several times.

Last night, after another rebooting, the effect was gone. kAlarm and
KOrganizer are working again.
I'll keep your above list for any issue that may come up again. I had an
issue few years ago after moving the mySQL datadirectry from
/var/lib/mysql to another drive and I had to modify
/etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld as decribed here
<https://opensourcegenie.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/apparmor-permission-issue-with-mysql-on-ubuntu/>
or there
<https://www.techgrube.de/tutorials/datenverzeichnis-fur-mysql-datenbanken-verschieben>.
Now with MariaDB, having the data not in /var/lib/mysql, something
similar obviously no longer needed?
Thanks and regards, Michael