why is there so much "weird shit" in akonadi/kdepim?

salamandir salamandir at hybridelephant.com
Sat Dec 14 17:58:09 GMT 2019

On Thursday, 12 December 2019 23:12:04 PST Ianseeks, an eminent manifestation
of divinity, wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 December 2019 18:22:18 GMT Paul Vixie wrote:
> > akonadi is junk, abandonware. we are stuck with it but it has no champion.
> > a bad situation. switch to postgres and restart it twice every day and
> > you will be able to use kontact. a fine trade.
>
> moving to postgres has definitely made things a lot better for me

if this is the case, is there any plan for making postgres (or something other
than akonadi) default in a future release?

--
namaste
salamandir
salamandir at hybridelephant.com

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

()  ascii ribbon campaign - increased security
/\                        - against html e-mail
                          - against proprietary attachments
--
Incorrigible Punster -- do not incorrige.