Anyone else having kmail and akonadi crash on logout?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 08:59:33 BST 2019

I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that Qt now quits applications using the XCB QPA without giving them much of a chance to exit cleanly?
(Not so many releases ago the QPA actually caused an abort when the X server died). If memory serves me well the traditional way to handle this was via SIGHUP, which did leave applications a bit more margin to exit gracefully.

About dying X servers: it's usually a system choice whether the X server is killed or not when you terminate a session. Does that have any influence here?

R.