any progress on kmail in debian buster?

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Aug 16 15:39:09 BST 2019

Martin Steigerwald - 16.08.19, 16:35:24 CEST:
> As for the situation in Debian: I am not happy about it. I do have
> some stability issues with KMail 18.04 in Debian just crashing
> several times a day to due some Qt WebEngine related issue that has
> been fixed in newer versions. However… Akonadi mostly behaves here,
> especially after I switched to PostgreSQL.
>
> However… upstream is not responsible for what version is packaged in
> Debian. You could ask on debian-kde mailing list. Some members of the
> Debian/Kubuntu Qt/KDE Team are subscribed there. However the chances
> for any backport of a newer KDEPIM version for Debian Sid to Debian
> Buster would be slim as the team is very small and may just not
> manage to find the time to provide and maintain such a backport.

Of course if it would be possible to isolate the issue to a single
commit or so, that may be possible to backport.

> https://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/

But as I do not have any issues with POP3 on the same KMail/Akonadi
version your issue may have a different reason than a software bug.

--
Martin