Kmail not syncing read/unread state with imap mailbox

Francesco frapox at yahoo.it
Mon Apr 29 10:35:08 BST 2019

On domenica 28 aprile 2019 12:36:36 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Sunday April 28 2019 11:23:50 Francesco wrote:
> >Honestly I don't know where this "propriety" is stored (in the header
> >or somewhere else) but I think KM should be able to read it from the
> >Imap server.
>
> A priori IMAP uses a header to store read and flagged state on the
> server. So KMail should at least respect that when it syncs mail it
> has never seen before (but which you already read, e.g. from another
> computer or your phone while the system running KMail was
> off/suspended).
>
> After that, akonadi probably stores this kind of state info in its
> database first, and may fail to keep that in sync with the
> information on the server (because of flawed reasoning which of that
> state info has priority?) If those assumptions are correct you should
> be able to force-update the info by quitting kmail (kontact), running
> `akonadictl vacuum` (which should remove all cached emails from the
> db) and then restarting kmail.
>

> R.

So,

- closed kmail
- run: akonadictl fsck && akonadictl vacuum
- read messages on Thunderbird (on another host)
- akonadictl restart
- reopened kmail
- pushed "Check mail"
- looked into a mail thread which I had just read on TB...

messages still not marked as read!

I've also tried two things:
- replaced postgreSQL with mariadB
- tested a Gmail account