Kmail not syncing read/unread state with imap mailbox

Francesco frapox at yahoo.it
Sun Apr 28 10:23:50 BST 2019

In data sabato 27 aprile 2019 18:52:24 CEST, René J.V. Bertin ha
scritto:
> Do you get the correct status on mail that hasn't been seen by kmail
> yet but which you read in another client? If that works then there
> must be an issue with the refreshing of email headers.

Other clients (e.g. Thunderbird and K-9) always shows the correct read/
unread state, even if Kmail doesn't.

Kmail only shows the correct read state when it has opened by itself
those mails. If those have been already opened by other clients, the
read state isn't synced up properly.

Honestly I don't know where this "propriety" is stored (in the header or
somewhere else) but I think KM should be able to read it from the Imap
server.