Considering to switch away from KDEPIM/Akonadi

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 22 07:02:59 BST 2019

On Sunday, 21 April 2019 16:42:15 BST Matthias Müller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Sonntag, 7. April 2019, 20:05:55 CEST schrieb Dominique Dumont:
> > On Sunday, 7 April 2019 00:07:51 CEST Matthias Müller wrote:
> > > I've read a lot of switching from MySQL to MariDB or PostgreSQL or vica
> > > versa or …
> > >
> > > But: How to do that?
> >
> > On my Debian I did:
> >
> > - apt install akonadi-backend-postgresql postgresql
> I did with aptitude
>
> > - in kontact, export all filters to a file
> > - delete filters
> not neccessary, because no local filters defined. I am filtering on the IMAP
> server
>
> > - stop kontact
> > - akonadictl stop
> > - rm -r .local/share/akonadi/*
> > - mkdir .local/share/akonadi/db_data
> I did this
>
> > - edit .config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc to set Driver=QPSQL in %General
> section
> Here difficulties started. I don't know exactly what to change

Your akonadiserverrc looks just like mine except i'm still using postgresql 9.6 so the Server path and InitDbPath are different and looks like this
InitDbPath=/usr/bin/initdb
ServerPath=/usr/bin/pg_ctl

Quite a while ago, before my Alternatives config for postgresql set to manual, the system was automatically upgraded to postgresql 10 and that didn't work with akonadi very well.  I've remained at 9.6 so i can't say if it works fine with postgresql 11.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20190419
Qt: 5.12.2 KDE Frameworks: 5.57.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.15.4 - kwin 5.15.4