Considering to switch away from KDEPIM/Akonadi

Matthias Müller matth_mueller_hbg at posteo.de
Sun Apr 21 16:42:15 BST 2019

Hello,

Am Sonntag, 7. April 2019, 20:05:55 CEST schrieb Dominique Dumont:
> On Sunday, 7 April 2019 00:07:51 CEST Matthias Müller wrote:
> > I've read a lot of switching from MySQL to MariDB or PostgreSQL or vica
> > versa or …
> >
> > But: How to do that?
>
> On my Debian I did:
>
> - apt install akonadi-backend-postgresql postgresql
I did with aptitude

> - in kontact, export all filters to a file
> - delete filters
not neccessary, because no local filters defined. I am filtering on the IMAP
server

> - stop kontact
> - akonadictl stop
> - rm -r .local/share/akonadi/*
> - mkdir .local/share/akonadi/db_data
I did this

> - edit .config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc to set Driver=QPSQL in %General
section
Here difficulties started. I don't know exactly what to change

Here is my akonadiserverrc:
[Debug]
Tracer=null

[%General]
Driver=QPSQL

[QPSQL]
Host=/tmp/akonadi-matthias.YO5tF1
InitDbPath=/usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin/initdb
Name=akonadi
Options=
ServerPath=/usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin/pg_ctl
StartServer=true

> - akonadictl start
This was the result:

matthias at debbuster:~$ akonadictl start
matthias at debbuster:~$ Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
Die Dateien, die zu diesem Datenbanksystem gehören, werden dem Benutzer
»matthias« gehören. Diesem Benutzer muss auch der Serverprozess gehören.

initdb: ungültiger Locale-Name »en_US.UTF-8«
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Database process exited unexpectedly during initial
connection!
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: executable: "/usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin/pg_ctl"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: arguments: ("start", "-w", "--timeout=10", "--
pgdata=/home/matthias/.local/share/akonadi/db_data", "-o \"-k/tmp/akonadi-
matthias.YO5tF1\" -h ''")
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: stdout: ""
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: stderr: "pg_ctl: Verzeichnis \xC2\xBB/home/
matthias/.local/share/akonadi/db_data\xC2\xAB ist kein
Datenbankclusterverzeichnis\n"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: exit code: 1
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: process error: "Unknown error"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Failed to remove runtime connection config file
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...

I do not understand what happens here. Strange to me is the unkown locale-name
(I am working in a German environment) and the output to stderr.

> - then open kontact (or kmail).
> - then the mails are downloaded from servers
> - import the filters that were imported previously
>
> There's no need to redo the account configuration. But folder properties
> (like expiration) are lost.
>
> Hope this helps
Sadly, it didn't work.

--