Considering to switch away from KDEPIM/Akonadi

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Fri Apr 5 17:32:40 BST 2019

On Thursday, April 4, 2019 5:46:42 AM MDT Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I did not write in a long time about own issues with KDEPIM/Akonadi and
> instead tried to help others along here and there, but now I feel quite
> frustrated…

And further, the whole point of Akonadi was to collect all "social desktop"
data in one place for some higher purpose that's never been realized and
instead introduced middleware that's more often than not an impediment to
program use without, after many years, any benefit to the operation of the
programs I use most. It's just something to fear, or work around, or live
with, in hopes that it'll work one day, after many years of promises.