Considering to switch away from KDEPIM/Akonadi

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 5 08:37:20 BST 2019

On Thursday, 4 April 2019 13:20:06 BST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Vojtěch Zeisek - 04.04.19, 14:10:
> > I don't have much annoying issues with KMail, for me it's still the
> > best e-mail client. I don't wish to leave it.
> > So big thanks to all developers.
>
> Thank you for your feedback.
>
> Great to hear it is working much better for you.
>
> Just to make it clear:
>
> I am grateful for KDEPIM. KMail is a marvelous mail program, Korganizer
> and KAddressBook are also really nice.
>
> So yes, big thanks to all developers. No matter what my recent
> experiences where.
>
> Thanks,

Try converting to Postgres - i did that a few years ago and most of the problems you list went away.  The only thing that still didn't work well was the filtering on incoming email as it created duplicates (i've not tried it since) so i let all emails arrive first then selected all then applied the filters manually. I'm only getting the occasional duplicate now.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20190402
Qt: 5.12.2 KDE Frameworks: 5.56.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.15.3 - kwin 5.15.3