kmail 5.9.1 experience -- the early hours

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 11:06:01 BST 2018

On Wednesday September 19 2018 02:47:19 Paul Vixie wrote:

>Ianseeks wrote:
>> 5.9.1 still has the "Mark Thread Read" working as and when it feels like and not everytime.
>
>i think the kdepim devs would thank us for bug reports even if the
>repeat-by is nondeterministic. any set of screen shots that shows the
>nonworking behaviour is useful in the bug queue -- even if you have to
>say "here's what i did to cause this, but, it doesn't fail every time."

A screencast might be even more useful, esp. if you can have the kmail window side-by-side with a terminal window showing the output from both kmail and akonadi.

To get akonadi output in a terminal I just do `akonadictl restart` in a shell (instead of via krunner); I start kontact in that same shell (`kontact --nofork &` so I have an easy handle for killing it when File/Quit or ^Q fail). You may have to set specific logging options in ~/.config/QtProject/qtlogging.ini .