kmail 5.9.1 experience -- the early hours

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Wed Sep 19 10:47:19 BST 2018

Dave Stevens wrote:
> Quoting Paul Vixie <paul at redbarn.org>:

>> so, kudos to the dev team, it looks like we have better mutex
>> discipline now.
>
> how fast does it thread?

i don't use threading. i need to see my e-mail in the order it arrives.
(note: i read it in that order; some MUA's make this impossibly hard,
but kmail has a setting that does it.)

Ianseeks wrote:
> 5.9.1 still has the "Mark Thread Read" working as and when it feels like and not everytime.

i think the kdepim devs would thank us for bug reports even if the
repeat-by is nondeterministic. any set of screen shots that shows the
nonworking behaviour is useful in the bug queue -- even if you have to
say "here's what i did to cause this, but, it doesn't fail every time."

--
P Vixie