Akonadi DB Errors, "Trash" sync hangs forever

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. Boyd.Stephen.Smith.Jr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 23:16:20 BST 2018

On Saturday, October 27, 2018 11:52:06 AM CDT Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Sunday, October 21, 2018 10:06:01 AM CDT Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Samstag, 20. Oktober 2018 02:49:30 CEST Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > > Console messages pasted here:
> > > https://www.reddit.com/r/debian/comments/957r7r/
> > > akonadi_postgresql_buster/
> >
> > You seem to be using a rather old version of KMail (version 5.2.3
> > according
> > to the header of your email). The current version is (at least) 5.9.1.
> > There have been a lot of bugfixes and improvements since 5.2.3.
>
> I'd had the problem for quite a while; I want to stay since before the
> Debian Jessie release.  However, I did upgrade the the version in Debian
> unstable, and the hang seems to have gone away.  If it comes back soon, I
> will follow- up.

Upon further investigation, the hang has not gone away.  No matter how many
times a explicitly request a synchronization, Akonadi refuses to show me mail
that arrived at the server after the first "hung" synchronization.  The visual
indicator of a hung process in the KMail window is now gone.  But, that just
means the problem has gotten WORSE!  It's now silently broken!

I'm on "KMail 5.9.1", the latest version available for Debian.  I'm running it
inside "Kontact 5.9.1", the latest version of that available for Debian.

I was also required to upgrade akonadiconsole, and the new version does not
appear to let me copy and paste the logs.  I am seeing a number of database
errors, though I'm not sure the best way to share them with the mailing list,
or if they would be helpful.
bss at iguanasuicide.net                   ((_/)o o(\_))