Akonadi DB Errors, "Trash" sync hangs forever

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. Boyd.Stephen.Smith.Jr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 17:52:06 BST 2018

On Sunday, October 21, 2018 10:06:01 AM CDT Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Samstag, 20. Oktober 2018 02:49:30 CEST Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > I'm not 100% sure this is the right place to ask for help.
>
> The right place would have been the kdepim-users mailing list.

I mistakenly did another reply to kde-pim.  It correctly got "held", and can
be discarded.

> > I have an Akonadi IMAP resource accessing my own dovecot server, and the
> > first sync works great.  However, later synchronizations hang on the
> > "Trash
> > folder". I can't stop the synchronization once it is hung by using the
> > cancel button in the kontact/kmail task list.
>
> If the problem only occurs for the Trash folder, then I suggest to disable
> automatic synchronization of this folder (under Retrieval in the folder
> properties).

Did that and it didn't help.  It did seem to stop fetching Trash, but the
behavior (and even the final message mentioning the Trash folder) did not
change.

> > Console messages pasted here:
> > https://www.reddit.com/r/debian/comments/957r7r/
> > akonadi_postgresql_buster/
>
> You seem to be using a rather old version of KMail (version 5.2.3 according
> to the header of your email). The current version is (at least) 5.9.1.
> There have been a lot of bugfixes and improvements since 5.2.3.

I'd had the problem for quite a while; I want to stay since before the Debian
Jessie release.  However, I did upgrade the the version in Debian unstable,
and the hang seems to have gone away.  If it comes back soon, I will follow-
up.

Thanks for the help.
bss at iguanasuicide.net                   ((_/)o o(\_))