akonadi_control Closed Unexpectedly

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Sat May 19 18:33:06 BST 2018

On Saturday, 19 May 2018 13:15:11 BST Ian Douglas wrote:
> On Saturday, 19 May 2018 11:18:40 AM SAST Ianseeks wrote:
>
> > I'm getting this error occasionally immediately after logging in.  It mainly
> > happens on the first login of the day on this particular user (i've only
> > see it once later in the day after a few login/logouts.
>
> I've had Akonadi crash during the day twice recently.
> Need to restart KMail to get it to work again.
>
> Using POP3 not IMAP.
>
> Also sometimes applying manual filters does nothing (auto filters are still
> broken) and that also requires a restart.
>
> Cheers, Ian

This crash happens before i've actually done anything, it appears immediately after the desktop appears.  I've also had your type crash occasionally and when that happens I do an 'akonadictl fsck' and 'akonadictl vacuum' on the command line, you may have to do a 'akonadictl start' first though.

regards

Ian

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20180517
Qt: 5.10.0 KDE Frameworks: 5.45.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.12.5 - kwin 5.12.5