So I think I found my new mails...

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Mon Mar 26 08:21:57 BST 2018

On 03/25/2018 11:53 AM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Dear René,
>
> René J.V. Bertin - 24.03.18, 17:33:
>> I also felt my eyebrowes raising higher and higher reading through Martin's
>> last messages. How again does Larry Niven cite Finagle's law, something
>> about absurdity tending to a maximum? [… probable netiquette violation
>> dropped …]
>
> Given that kind of feedback I have no intention to explain anything about
> Akonadi concepts and items here again for now.
>
> My intention was to support Ian to understand what is going on his his setup,
> while being fully transparent about what current, fixable (!) issues with
> Akonadi are. But I am not willing to take in this kind of feedback as a "thank
> you" for it. You crossed a line I of what I consider appropriate behavior.
>
> I will unsubscribe for a while just to help myself to let go of the negativity
> some people here drop into this list, and my wanting to help people despite
> the kind of feedback I received here so far *for communicating transparently*.
> I certainly deserve better than that and so do all of the KDEPIM developers,
> Pablo and others who dedicate mostly their spare time to improve KDEPIM +
> Akonadi.
>
> Your and Dave´s judgment about the current situation just does not do any good
> to change anything about it. As said again and again here on the list, KDEPIM
> developers are aware of the current shortcomings of the current implementation
> of Akonadi (not the general design). There is no need to add judgmental
> feedback about them on top of it, there is no need to make the point any
> clearer unless you believe in trying to force people to do something about the
> current situation by blaming them. I am pretty sure that does not serve as a
> good motivation and that you cannot change anyone else except yourself anyway.
>
> Unsubscribing after this mail in order to establish a clear boundary of what I
> consider appropriate behavior. Yes, I am taking offense, and yes, I am not
> taking this in anymore.

I totally understand your decision, Martin, although it saddens me. I
too am missing KMail - a *lot* - but I'm waiting patiently for the
situation to improve.

If I have nothing constructive to add to the discussion I don't touch
the keyboard. I truly hope other list members will do the same.

--
/Thomas