Fixing things Akonadi doesn't with some SQL-fu

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 10:21:42 GMT 2018

On Thursday March 22 2018 10:53:14 Daniel Vrátil wrote:

>problem with our contributions not being accepted. If the maintainer has a
>different vision than the customer you work for, a compromise can often be
>found that suits both sides (as long as customer's vision is not removing
>Akonadi for instance...).

You make it sound as if the Kontact/KMail front-end isn't considered as something that's valuable enough in its own right. That's a pity. I could easily imagine for instance that the Akonadi backend doesn't have the solution most suitable for embedding/bundling, as a mobile app for instance.
(I'm also pretty certain that the current architecture doesn't allow making an all-encompassing standalone Kontact.app Mac app bundle that will interact as it should with other similarly bundled KDE apps on Mac - but that's an independent issue.)