ok, maybe i won't find any devs to back akonadi out of kde-pim after all

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue Mar 20 22:45:03 GMT 2018

Martin Steigerwald - 20.03.18, 23:42:
> I am certainly able to and I use KMail extensively on both my private and my
> work related user account. Each week I skim through a ton of mails, partly
> from mailing lists, and I write several dozen mails myself on busy weeks.
> You can check mail agent header on the mails I write here: All written in
> KMail. While this folder currently just has 12130 mails as I archived years
> of older mails from it, I do have folders with more than 50000 mails,
> sometimes more than 100000 mails here. I basically "live" in KMail and I am
> happy that I now found that for some web forums I do visit sometimes I now
> found the option to switch them to mailing list mode, cause I just prefer
> having it all inside KMail (well and Akregator, which is not yet Akonadi
> based, but works well enough for me as well).

I am still subscribed to LKML and quite some other Linux, KDE and Debian
related mailing list, and that tells something. KMail + Akonadi chew through
several 1000 new mails each day. It is still a tad bit slow at times during
filtering more than 1000 new mails, but definately usable most of the time.

--
Martin