Fixing things Akonadi doesn't with some SQL-fu

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Tue Mar 20 20:19:19 GMT 2018

Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> Item "122837" has no RID.
> Item "138602" has no RID.
> Item "170068" has no RID.
> Item "201887" has no RID.
> Item "201888" has no RID.
> Item "201889" has no RID.
> Item "201892" has no RID.
>
> which has been growing.

> Has anyone attempted such a thing?

i periodically nuke my database directory and let it rebuild everything.
since there's a dozen gigabytes of e-mail on my imap account, this takes
a while. i do it once a month or so.

switching from mysql to pgsql speeds instantaneous kmail behaviour, but
corrupts more often, and rebuilds more slowly. so, a net loss for me.

perhaps an akonadi dev, for whom this never happens on their own
machine, would like to screen share with some of us some time.

--
P Vixie